[ | Next | Previous | Up ]

Re: Suggestion for a book on OC curves

Date: 01 Apr 2000
Time: 23:39:43

Comments

Greetings Raphy,

I think your book by Grant and Leavenworth has the equations for calculating the oc curve for an attribute plan but it is not in a form that is easy to design plans.

My favorite article on OC curves is by Harry R. Larson, Western Electric Company. It was published in Industrial Quality Control, December 1966, pp. 270-278.

For a textbook, I like Acceptance Sampling in Quality Control by Edward G. Schilling, published by Marcel Dekker, Inc.

A very handy tool for getting points on attribute OC curves quickly is the nomograph of the binomial distribution. Both the article and the book contain it, but the article has a better copy.

The software program TP105 implements the nomograph by calculating the OC curve for any n & Ac. It also calculates n & Ac if you input two points on the OC curve (AQL, alpha and RQL beta). It also generates the OC curve for any sampling plan in 105E when you enter n & Ac. It also calculates the plan's AOQ, and ARL curves. For sequential samplingplans, it calculates ASN curves.

The OC curves in 105E are based on the binomial distribution for up to 10 percent defective, and the poisson distribution above that.

Sincerely, Stan Hilliard

Last changed: November 20, 2007