[ | Next | Previous | Up ]

Sampling plan

Date: 23 Feb 2002
Time: 08:35:44

Comments

I have a project on sampling which is as follows:

the Grand golf club is 1 of the new golfs clubs in its area. Altough the management of the grand golf club believes that the clubs facilities r amongst the finest in the area and that the social facilities (eg dining) r also highly regarded, the club has been unsuccessful in attracting membership applications. Aloutgh through personal contacts, they have become aware that membership rates 2 other golf clubs in the area also are on the decline. Therefore, they have decided 2 commission research on the following issues:

a) to identify areas where the grand club compares badly in relation to the other clubs in the area,

b) to determine overall perceptions of the grand club

c) to provide recommendations for ways to increase membership applications at the club

MY TASK IS TO:

prepare a report suggesting an appropriate sampling plan to b followed. In particular i should address the following:

- definition of a population - choice of smapling frame - selection of sampling method - determination of sample size - specification of an operational plan for the slection of the sample elements.

I have no idea as to where to start this report, I dont even know what a sampling plan or an operational plan is.

Any help will gladly be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Last changed: November 20, 2007