[ | Next | Previous | Up ]

Re: C=0 and High quality goals

Date: 14 Aug 2003
Time: 17:10:32

Comments

Stan, thanks for the replay. Please help me with the following:

Imagine that I have a process that has a Cp=Cpk=1 (just borderline). That process will have about 99.7% of conforming parts. Now, I want to honor that, so I want to have only a low probability (let's say 5%) to reject a lot with this quality level (AQL 0.3). Yet, as I am trying to develop a "zero defect" culture in my organization and, as you said, the inspection influence the people behavior, I don't want to use a sampling plan that deems defects as acceptable, so I want to use a C=0 sampling plan. With allthis defined, I guess there is only one sampling plan possible (in fact, because n must be integer it will be the one that better fits this needs). So this is the puzzle: Producer's risk: 5% AQL: 0.3 C=0 n=???

Would you calculate that n for me? Would you also tell me what the RQL would be for a given consumer's risk (for example, 5%)?

Also, would there be another sampling plan (any C) that gives me, for that AQL and producer's risk, the same of better RQL/consumer's risk combination, without increasing the sample size from what it was with C=0?

Thanks for your help!!!

Last changed: November 20, 2007