[ | Next | Previous | Up ]

Re: sampling AQL= 0 Chemical industry

Date: 8/21/2004
Time: 11:03:40 PM

Comments

"From: carlos_eduardoco@hotmail.com Date: 5/26/2004 1:50:57 PM

Comments Hi, I'm making a homework for university here in Colombia, and I went to a chemical plant, they told me that they didn't work with an AQL because the customers want all the products in good condition (MgSO4). I would like to know if I can design a sampling plan with AQL=0. I really need help, I can't understand how it could be possible, please help me as soon as possible."

Although I am seeing this a few months since your original question, I would suspect this could not be too urgent as otherwise the concerned company could have contracted on the spot for expert advice if you were not able to provide it during your school project.

As a first observation, the customers seem quite intelligent. They probably know enough that specifications in terms of AQL mean the supplier can easily pass off product that is 2 to 3 times more deficient of the AQL in "actual quality" due to the inherent bias in the AQL concept.

Why are you perplexed by an AQL = 0 in such a design? Surely, you are aware that the AQL can approach 0 (assuming you are giving it the traditional definition) and work from there.

Let us all know how you make out on this, Carlos.

Last changed: November 20, 2007